We come with nothing and go with nothing but we leave behind something i.e. our impact on the lives of other humans.
Here are 6 ways on how you can leave behind your legacy:
1) Always give your 100%: Whatever you do in life, give it your whole heart and soul. People will always remember the way you went about your actions rather than the details of your achievement.
2) Start a tradition: Share your story and life lessons with younger ones on special days of the year. Everyone will love it! More than watching a TV show. We don’t remember our subjects much in school but we always remember the stories our teacher told us.
3) Write a Book: People can always remember you by your workings left behind. Abdul Kalam, Swami Vivekananda’s teachings are relevant even to this day!
4) Give more: The more you give, the more you get. Billionaires donate so much to charity and yet they have so much. It is not because they have that they are giving away so much. It is because they give more to the society which is always enriching.
5) Ask powerful questions: Asking the right questions always gives you the right answers. Making someone think is really powerful because you are in control of the situation. You are the cause of the thought and thoughts leave a legacy.
6) Authenticity: If you’re true to yourself, you will be true to others. No business or relationship will last long without authenticity and transparency. Trust will go a long way.