Getting started is definitely hard! But nobody talks about sustaining the initial momentum gained.
90% startups fail in India in the first 5 years. 90%!!! They did all the hard work for five years but how did the fire die out?
Here are 5 ways to sustain your winning momentum:
1) Know Your Why: Be very clear why you’re doing what you’re doing, so that when things don’t go your way, the only thing that will drive you is to recollect why you started out.
2) Always be aligned with your Core Values: Why do companies have their value system? So that employees know what they stand for and keep those values in mind while striving to take the right decision. You need to do the same. Know your Value system, what you stand for.
3) Stay The Course: Experimenting is great. But if that particular experiment does not contribute towards your goal in any way — Drop It. It is completely fine to say No to anything that does not add value to yourself or your work.
4) Expect Hiccups: There will be instances when things don’t work your way. You have to change your perception of this situation, you would need to look at it as just another way you know how things don’t work. You just change your course keeping your destination the same. Refocusing is the way to go forward.
5) Celebrate: Learn to celebrate your small achievements. It will not only give you the extra push but also lift up the spirits of your closer ones. It will act as your recharge to go again just as you refuel your vehicle.